- Where can I find information about programming the RTX-12A?
- What software can be used to write programs for the RTX-12A?
- Can the RTX-12A be used to send and receive files?
- Is it possible to send and receive data with communication programs like ProComm?
- What software comes with the RTX-12A?
- Can you use the RTX-12A with a GPS receiver?
- Can I decode EMWIN data with the RTX-12A?
- What will I need to connect the RTX-12A to my radio?
General programming information is included in the RTX-12A manual. There are also sample transmit and receive
routines (written in Power BASIC) on the RTX-12A installation disk.
Almost any software that provides low level control of the serial port can be used.
Yes. With the proper software, you can send and receive both ASCII and binary files.
No. Most communication programs are designed to communicate with telephone modems or other computers.
As a result, these programs usually expect handshaking signals from the modem, or they have the serial port's
data / controls lines configured in such a way that the RTX-12A will not function.
The RTX-12A is shipped with a test program (RTXDEMO.EXE) that allows you to transmit and receive text messages entered from the keyboard. Sample transmit and receive routines (written in Power BASIC) are also included.
Because the RTX-12A is a general purpose radio modem, the software required for its use will vary according to
the application. If your require programming assistance for your application, we may be able to provide consulting services or
recommend a third party software developer to assist you.
No. The RTX-12A is not capable of receiving the 4800 baud data that is transmitted by most GPS receivers.
If you need to transmit GPS data, you should consider our TigerTrak
Yes. The RTX-12A offers excellent performance in EMWIN applications.
The RTX-12A is supplied with a radio cable. A connector is already installed on
the RTX-12A end of the cable. You will need to install whatever connector
is required for your radio on the other end of the cable.
Tigertronics - All Rights Reserved